Jumpstart Your Novel: How to Get on Track and Stay There
Writing a novel can be an exhilarating journey — but you want to make sure you don’t get derailed along the way.
This Master Class will show you how to get your fiction project moving and sustain it for the long haul.
We’ll cover the importance of knowing your target readership, building a plot with high-stakes conflict, creating relatable characters, and more!
- Define Your Target Audience: Who are your readers?
2. Build Dramatic Conflict: The higher the stakes, the better!
3. Make Your Characters Relatable: Who will your readers want to identify with – and why?
4. Write Dialogue that Works: It’s not just what your characters say, but how they say it
5. Bring Your Novel to Life with Description: Success is in the details
6. Create an Identifiable Voice: What’s the personality of your narrative voice?
Your Shopping Cart
“My editor, Mark Chimsky, always said the right thing at the right time and sent me back to work knowing exactly what I needed to do; his editorial acumen and vision of the book kept me on track.”
— Louise DeSalvo, author of Writing as a Way of Healing
“Mark Chimsky has been an ideal editor—challenging, encouraging, and helpful during each step of the process.”
— Joseph Bailey, author of The Speed Trap
Do you have questions about a writing issue? Need help with writer's block? Want to brainstorm some book ideas?
Schedule a 30-minute consultation with Mark by phone, Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime!